Date:      Sun, 04 Oct 1998 13:27:17 +0800
From:      Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What about jdk-1.1.6 for FreeBSD-3.0-ELF ?

> > I'm taking from this that not having a Motif lib in elf is dragging
> > things back.  I'm totally non-suprised (I've been nagging XiG to get by
> > personal favorite one done for a while now).  I would hope that, when
> > someone _does_ find a vendor of Motif in ELF, there will be a quick
> > announcement on the lists ... don't consider it advertising, we _need_
> > this.
>
> Someone needs to flush $15 on the "free" Solaris and/or UnixWare CDROM,
> which has an ELF Motif library on it.

Unfortunately, this may end up being a similar situation to the Linux ELF libs
thatb are shipped on the XiG CD, inthat there are all sorts of assumptions
made about the internals of libc and some of the funny stuff it exports.

	Stephen

--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California