Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:58:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sebestyen Zoltan <szoli@netvisor.hu>
To:        Jay West <jlwest@tseinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Merced FreeBSD??? Intel? - NOT

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Jay West wrote:

> Keep in mind that the merced chip was not really designed or created by
> Intel at all.
>=20
> It was created almost completely by HP (by the same group responsible for
> PA-RISC), with Intel as merely the production facilities. For obvious
> marketing, competitive, and resource reasons both HP and Intel share the
> rights to merced.
>=20
Does that mean that Merced is heir of the PA-RISC design just like PowerPC
is the heir of IBM POWER processor family's?

-----
Sebesty=E9n Zolt=E1n <szoli@netvisor.hu>=09I'm believing that the Holy Spir=
it is
=09=09=09=09=09gonna allow the hand, and the foot, and
MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR=09=09=09the mouth, just to begin to speak, and
                                        to minister, and to heal coordinate=
d by
=09=09=09=09=09the head.

I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.

                 Kick me! Whip me!! Make me develop on AIX!!!