Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 14:27:24 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@newst.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setkey(3) not present in the system

* Max Khon <fjoe@newst.net> [010509 12:46]:
> hi, there!
>
> On Wed, 9 May 2001, Rasputin wrote:
>
> > /usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  setkey(3) not present in the system!
> > /usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
> > /usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  encrypt(3) not present in the system!
> > /usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
>
> are you sure you are not linking your binary against libc_r and libc?
> in FreeBSD you should use -pthread option for gcc when you want your
> program to be linked against libc_r

Bingo. The command line is a right mess,

cc -D_REENTRANT=1 -I. -O -pipe -march=k6 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml  -o checks/check_list checks/check_list.o libgw.a libwmlscript.a libgwlib.a -lz -lm  -lc_r -L/usr/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -L/usr/local/lib -lgiconv

The only libpthread I have is in /usr/compat/linux/lib:
rasputin@shikima kannel]$locate libpthread
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread-0.8.so
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0

 - is it supposed to be in the base system?

This has got less n less to do with security, and more to do with
me biting off more than I can chew, now...

So I'll shut up :)

--
Armadillo:
	To provide weapons to a Spanish pickle