Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2000 08:32:35 +0300
From:      Nikolaos Nikou <nikoniko@lmf.ericsson.se>
To:        so@server.i-clue.de
Cc:        darryl@osborne-ind.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0-Release install question

Actually I can verify this.We had installed . FreeBSD 3.4 in four machines and when we tryed to clean install on these 4.0 we couldn't do it.
On newer Pentium IIIs the installation went well but not on the older machines especially these with integrated SCSI controller.
I have heard several other people that 4.0 is not installing on alll the machines and they are asking if they should stay with 3.4 move instead to 3.5 or wait for the next release of 4.x

nn