Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 00:59:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: schg flag on make world in -CURRENT

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, Garrett A. Wollman wrote:

> <<On Sun, 26 Nov 1995 12:13:39 -0800 (PST), -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV> said:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> > 	Is there anyway to remotely login to a FreeBSD box and 'su' to root
> > to do a make world without having to do noflags schg on all the files
> > with that flag on it generated by the last make world in -CURRENT?  Thanks!
>
> Yes.  Don't run your system in secure mode.  This is only about the
> fourth time I've told you this.
>
> Look at /sys/kern/kern_sysctl.c for the definition of `securelevel'.
> Make sure it's -1.

	Hmmm, thanks!  Does a make install after rebuilding a kernel have
anything to do with it since it installs the new kernel with schg with the
install program.  I just looked at /sys/kern/kern_sysctl.c and this is what
it says:

int securelevel = -1;

> Now look at everything in /etc and make sure that nothing attempts to
> increase it.

	I already did that but didn't find anything.

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin