Date:      Fri, 01 May 1998 21:14:44 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@apc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW

Hi:

I'm trying to deny UDP to my whole network, except DNS.  I am using IPFW,
and Bind 8.1.1.  Here are my rules:

ipfw add 1 allow udp from any to 192.168.77.2 53
ipfw add 2 deny udp from any to any

It still doesn't work.  DNS doesn't get through.  I heard that bind uses
wired addresses which it isn't allowed to use, but 8.1.1 fixed that with a
line in the named.conf file.  I added that line, but it still seems to be
responding on 138, 1050, 1051, ...

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks!

---
Dima Dorfman (dima@apc.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft $ucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/