Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 14:13:44 -0800
From:      "Chad Ross" <cmr@ibs-us.net>
To:        <xzp1zxmcdcr.fsf@grjottunagard.ifi.uio.no>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Weekly hangs

>In message <xzp1zxmcdcr.fsf@grjottunagard.ifi.uio.no> Dag-Erling Coidan Sm
rgrav writes:
>: Sounds like bad SIMMs to me...
>
>But I have swapped out the SIMMs several times.  And it seems to only
>happen when I run out of SWAP, not out of physical memory....
>
>I'll try swapping out more SIMMs, but I'm not sure that is it.
>
>Other options?
>
>Warner

Hello Warner,

To me it sounds like your swap partition is bad or corrupted.

I'm currently new to FreeBSD, "YES another diehard linux guy converted!",
as a OS but on the linux operating system I came into a few times were
I had a corrupted swap partition. I would simply turn swapping off, remake
the swap, and turn it back on.... But I have no idea on how to do that for
FreeBSD at this time... :)

Regardless I would certainly look into your swap partition as the source of
your problems.

Chad Ross
International Business Software, Inc.
221 NW Second, Suite 221