Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 15:01:35 -0500
From:      dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Dru Nelson <dnelson@slip.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: de driver - STILL needs a patch?

At 10:53 AM 12/22/97 -0800, Dru Nelson wrote:

>autodetect with 100Base-T doesn't always work. It is best to
>set the interface to a certain speed and duplex. (This was confirmed for
>me with Ultrasparc boxes and Cisco CAT5000 devices.) I have
>heard similar stories with other manufacturers products.
>

>Dru
>
>On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, dennis wrote:
>

>> de? still doesnt always comes up at 100Mb/s on boot (cant autodetect) with
>> the -C rev devices. with v2.22 there was a patch to make all that
work....is
>> there a patch that makes 2.2.5 work?
>>
>> Why can't this stuff get commited after half a year?
>>
>> Dennis

Actually, I wrote it backwards....it always comes up at 100Mb/s, but it is
on a 10Mb/s hub. There was a patch for this for 2.2.2..(Matt's driver I
think)..is there a patch, or is de no longer supported. Another question....
will the old de driver patch work with 2.2.5, because whatever is in the
release really sucks.

Dennis