Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:27:19 +0100
From:      Erik Norgaard <norgaard@locolomo.org>
To:        Josh Carroll <josh.carroll@psualum.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is the vulnerability database up to date?

Josh Carroll wrote:
>> So - what's the point? I mean updating the port to a newer port with the
>> same or newer known vulnerabilities?
>
> # portaudit
> 0 problem(s) in your installed packages found.
> # pkg_info| grep firefox
> firefox-2.0_2,1     Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
>
> Seems ok to me. Which version of firefox is in your ports tree, and
> have you run portaudit -F lately?

This is weird. When I wrote yesterday I had updated ports and the vuln
database just before that. Now I just did

# pkg_info |grep firefox

which gave TWO matches, one was 2.0_r2,1 which I have previously built
with disabling vuln, later I upgraded to 2.0_1,1. For some reason the
2.0_2r,1 had not been deleted completely I guess, and after deleting it
with pkg_delete, there are no longer any warnings.

But it still beats me why this should affect building the newer version,
building for the 2.0_2,1 version yesterday terminated with a list of
vulnerabilities. How is this check run for new builds?

Thanks, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org
X.509 Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/8D03551FFCE04F0C.crt