Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 1997 12:59:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apology and question re certificate servers

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Has anybody tried to setup any kind of certificate server
> > on any kind of system?  With what results?
>
> www.c2.org offers StrongHold, which I've set up on several FreeBSD
> systems for secure ordering.  We also use the Netscape commerce
> server for BSDI here at Walnut Creek CDROM.  Both work well.

Is that actually running on BSDI, or running under FreeBSD? :)  I was
disappointed when development of Fastrack for BSD/OS moved to a BSDI
thing, as it means I can no longer grab educational pricing on the server
from Netscape (free :).  I'm stuck with an old Communications server.
Maybe BSDI will decide to continue with the Netscape licensing
arrangement?

Robert Watson