Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:18:48 +1100
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Kermit Tensmeyer <kermit@brite.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mounting Dos Partition:

Kermit Tensmeyer wrote:

> I reallocated a portion of my disk [ small partion:boot;]
> [partion NTFS /dev/wd0s1],  [extended dos partition -
> sysid 5 /dev/wd0s2] and FreeBSD [/dev/ws0s3{a-f}]
>
>  I tried to mount_msdos /dev/wd0s2 /mnt but it failed
>  becase the drive is the wrong type.
>
>  How do I mount an extended dos partition under
> FreeBSD? I would really like to have a area of the
> disk where I could read files written by by NT dual
> boot system.
>
>  sent by newspost;

Don't know if this is the same problem, but DOS used to allocate
extended partitions from slice 5.  So my old command to mount my
extended DOS partition was to use /dev/wd0s5.  You may need to make this
device yourself as I recall having to make mine manually (cd /dev;sh
MAKEDEV wd0s5) or similar.

--
Regards
Andrew Johns