Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:43:13 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Cc:        BJ Bell <brian@centrisys.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Projects, projects, projects! :-)

On Mon, Mar 23, 1998 at 08:05:07PM -0300, Capriotti wrote:
> At 05:31 PM 3/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Sue Blake wrote:
> >
> >> - more advanced people who want to write independent documentation with
> >>   the help of less experienced newbies
> >
> >with and I have a bad memory :P. Anyways its my belief that the existing
> >documentation doesnt cut it, it shouldnt be re worked, it shouldnt be
> >rewritten. The freebsd documentation project needs to be taken from a
> >different approach. If I don't get feedback then I'll put the whole idea
> >to bed.
> >
> Count on me, but I insist on having advanced users supervising the project,

Personally, I'd go along with you there for some of our projects but not for
others. It depends on the objectives, and we've got quite a range of them.

> and also having the project to be considered official by the FreeBSD team.

Generally that would be my preference, but I don't expect others to have
that as a priority. To gain any team's support you have to work with that
team, not against it. That shouldn't preclude separate teams, it just gives
a range of options, each with different costs and benefits.

> Opinions ?

Yes, more please!

--

Regards,