Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:40:16 +0100
From:      Abbas.Karbassian@cambridge.simoco.com (Abbas Karbassian x7148)
To:        alexkwan@pacific.net.hk, Clem.Dye@wdr.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DOS & UNIX Format Utilities

Hi Alex and Clem:

It help to install the following:

Go to /usr/ports/emulators/mtools/

and install the MSDOS simulation package.

With this package you can format copy a disk in DOS format.

If you have a freebsd on CD do the followings:

1 -  /stand/sysinstall
2 -  Select the menue for the post configuration (I can not remeber the exact title, because I am not in
     front of my P.C)
3 - Go to Pacakges
4 -  Go to emulators directory

I can not remeber, but you will see a pacakge with somthing like  "Tools for manipulating MSDOS files"
description , select this pacake and then install this.

To know more about this when you installed this pacakge do :

man mcopy
man mdir
man mdelete ( I am not sure about this, please check)

Regards

Abbas