Date:      Fri, 07 May 2004 10:09:11 -0400
From:      Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems resolving sites in browsers under KDE

	Just recently I've started having a DNS issue of sorts on two of my
workstations running KDE 3.2 on Freebsd 4.9 and using both Mozilla and
Firebird for browsers.  What happens is I'll be surfing around and suddenly
I'll hit something and I can't go forward, I can't go back, I can't go
anywhere.  It just sits there saying "resolving host whatever.com" and does
this for like 30 seconds, then finally it resolves it and continues
on.  Then it'll gag again on something else in the page as it's loading and
do that all over again.  Then I might be fine for another 5-15 minutes
before it does it again.  When this happens I can jump into a console
either via KDE or control-alt-f1 and I can surf all I want to using lynx, I
can resolve sites, I can telnet, or do whatever I want.  But my browsers
just sit there and look stupid.  Is there something I'm missing?  What
could be causing this.  It's been occuring periodically before this, but
it's really gotten bad now.  So far all I can tell that's affected is
Mozilla and Firebird.  Any ideas guys?

	Oh, yes.  I did test this in Konqueror and it's doing the same thing in
there too.  So the issue is not unique to just Mozilla and Firebird.  But
from what I can see, not much else is affected on the network level.  Is
there ways I can test things in KDE that might give me some more
information as to what's causing this?  Or is there some network setting
somewhere that I should look at?  Maybe something that might affect my
ability to surf smoothly?  I know it's not my internet connection because I
can surf just fine in my windows box that sits right next ot it on the same
net connection.  Any input would be welcome.