Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:46:31 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@logisticsoftware.co.nz>, R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why Doesn't XFree86 Upgrade Properly

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 01:43:48PM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that something on your system is a bit flaky.

Problems with bus/memory, etc, tend to show up more during compilation,
because that's when the memory/disk get a "jolly good thrashing"
:), especially with something a large as X11.

BTW, I'm running 3.3.6 myself and the man page also shows 3.3.5.
I wonder whether the X11 lot forgot to update it :)

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser	FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager	deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)