Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 01:24:16 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   addport + PKGNAMEPREFIX from lang-specific categories

Hi all,

I am trying to address the problem that was reported some time ago by
several committers who add lang-specific ports to the tree.  However,
not being one of these people, I can't tell if this patch is good, or if
there is a better way to do it (and there probably is).  Check it out at:

        http://people.FreeBSD.org/~will/addport-langprefix.diff

There is also a minor cosmetic change in the usage irrelevant to this
(in the usage section).  You can ignore this.  Also, apologies for the
fairly ugly code in addport, I intend to clean up this mess in a future
revision and make addport conform as close as possible to perl.style(7).

Thanks!
--
wca