Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2006 08:36:30 -0700
From:      othermark <atkin901@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acpi on msi-9218 (-current) swaps sio0 and sio1

John Baldwin wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 July 2006 14:14, othermark wrote:
>> John Baldwin wrote:

>> > This is because your BIOS lists them backwards in the ASL.  There isn't
>> > a workaround currently short of fixing your ASL to list them in the
>> > COM1/COM2 order and building a custom dsdt.
>>
>> Many thanks for your input,
>>
>> So would it be sufficient in the _INI method, just to swap the
>> order of initialization (I'm guessing here) for the COMA and COMB
>> sections? COMA and COMB both have full resource templates for all
>> possible legal settings.
>
> No, you have to swap the COMA and COMB devices themselves.

Ahh ok. You must forgive me if I seem dense since this is the first time
I've looked at repairing these types of instruction files.   Are you saying
that the order that they appear in the .asl is important?

I can find only subtle differences between the two methods COMA and COMB.
One is the Store() after the Aquire() and the Store() in the _SRS submethod
accompanying the COM methods.  Lastly the order that their _PRS
ResourceTemplate() appear seems implies an order of default settings.
These defaults and order actually seem correct for COMA and COMB.

If swapping them means swapping their differences, that could be done too.
The actual Name(_DDN) might have significance as well if the OS is looking
it up by that.

--
othermark
atkin901 at nospam dot yahoo dot com