Date:      Sat, 3 May 1997 15:08:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggested change to apache port

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Chuck Robey wrote:

> See what Satoshi just did!  DEPENDS_TARGET, I think, does just what the
> doctor ordered, sir!

Sort of.

Take the current state of the perl5 Apache module port :

DEPENDS_TARGET= patch
DEPENDS=        ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache
BUILD_DEPENDS=  perl5.003:${PORTSDIR}/lang/perl5
RUN_DEPENDS=    perl5.003:${PORTSDIR}/lang/perl5

I want to always do a "make patch" on ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache, since I need
the source in order to build my module.  I still want to do a 'make
install' if perl5 isn't found though.

I guess what I need is something like this:

DEPENDS=	${PORTSDIR}/www/apache:patch
BUILD_DEPENDS=	perl5.003:${PORTSDIR}/lang/perl5:install

--
j.