Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:37:13 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        quad <agile.quad@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [bfe] [panic] Serious error: bfe failed to map RX buffer

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:43:53AM +0300, quad wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 >    FreeBSD amd64 7.0-RELEASE, ULE, SMP.
 >
 >    On heavy loads bfe network driver after few messages
 >
 >    Serious error: bfe failed to map RX buffer
 >    Serious error: bfe failed to map RX buffer
 >    Serious error: bfe failed to map RX buffer
 >
 >    make kernel panic.
 >
 >    Here patch.

It would be even better if you can show me the return code of
bus_dmamap_load(9). If the error code is not ENOMEM it requires
more bus_dma(9) clean up(bfe(4) needs lots of bus_dma(9) fixing
and I had no time so far.)
Since the caller of bfe_list_newbuf() expects 0 or ENOBUFS it would
be even better to return ENOBUFS for failure case instead of
returning error code of bus_dmamap_load(9).

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon