Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:43:16 +0200
From:      "Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen" <ncbp@bank-pedersen.dk>
To:        petro <petro@She.wertep.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with terminal type.

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 11:25:11PM +0300, petro wrote:
> Hi.
> I have diskless station and now when I try to connect to it, I receive
> such message
>
> tcsh: No entry for terminal type "xterm"
> tcsh: using dumb terminal settings.
>
> it happened after that as I on server mv /usr/share /services/share and
> made ln -s /usr/share /services/share, but /services/share is not visible
> from diskless station, so what and where I need to copy to decide this
> problem. Also when I try to log off I receive such message

If I understand your question correctly, you probably mount /usr
from an nfs-server, but since you on the server moved /usr/share
away from the exported filesystem, it is no longer visible from the
client.
You should either export /services/share ("man exports") on the
server, and mount that filesystem on the client as well, or move
/usr/share back where it belongs :-)

> Thank you very much for any help.

NP - this question probably qualifies for freebsd-questions rather
than -hackers, though.
Ah, and please don't ask your question as a reply in an unrelated
thread - thread hijacking is not a Good Thing.

Hope this helps,

/Niels Chr.

--
 Niels Christian Bank-Pedersen, NCB1-RIPE.

 "Hey, are any of you guys out there actually *using* RFC 2549?"