Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:11:29 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        skafte@worldgate.ca (Greg Skafte)
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rt_refcnt in RELENG_2_2

On 21 Sep 1999 23:39:04 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you wrote:

>--------------4A17C6AC4429AA8CCD4A038C
>

>I see that rt_refcnt was changed from short to long in 1.30 of route.h
>
>are there any "known" gotchas if I do this on a RELENG_2_2 machine.....
>
>running 2_2 on a bgp router box and the routing table does exceed
>64k routes ( and if you delete a route when youy exceed 64k the machine
>panics)......

Yes, good old PR 10570.  I too am effected by it.  I would upgrade the box
to 3.3 however, I have no official drivers for my etinc T1 card.  Can you
not just upgrade your box to 3.3 ? I did this for my other border router
which has only ethernet.  It of course is humming along no problem. If you
make the modification, please share your results.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)