Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:32:59 -0400
From:      Duane Winner <duanewinner@att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   openoffice on freebsd broke?

Hello all,

I do a cvsup on ports-all daily, and the other day I noticed that
openoffice-1.1.2 is being report as out of date and that the port has 1.1.3:

openoffice-1.1.2                    <   needs updating (port has 1.1.3)

So I did a '# portupgrade openoffice'

It seemed to compile and install just fine (no errors or problems), but
now it crashes every time I run it.

As soon as I click on an openoffice window:

A pop-up window message reports

	"OpenOffice 1.1.2: An unrecoverable error has occurred. All modified
files have been saved and and can probably be recovered at program restart."

If I start openoffice-1.1 from an xterm, I see the following output
after the crash:

	crash_report: not found

	Fatal exception: signal 11
	Stack:
	Abort trap (core dumped)

I have replicated this on three different computers, all running
5.2.1-RELEASE-p9.

Anybody else having this problem?

I've reported this to openoffice@freebsd.org and ports@freebsd.org, but
have not seen or heard anything else.