Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:17:27 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        art@pilikia.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD sendmail libmilter

Arthur W. Neilson III wrote:

> Recently I downloaded amavis-perl-11 and want to implement it using the miltering
> interface.  It's not clear to me how to build the sendmail 8.11.3 which is integrated
> with FreeBSD 4.3 with libmilter support.

You don't. You build sendmail from the ports. There it has options to
turn milter on, among other things. The port will direct you to edit
/etc/mail/mailer.conf in order to make the installed sendmail the one
the system uses by default.

Last I heard, the plan was to turn on milter in the base when it's no
longer an FFR in sendmail itself.