Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:28:41 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Hiren Mehta <Hiren.Mehta@VLSI.com>
Subject:   Re: utility like cscope

On Thursday, 21 January 1999 at  9:16:55 -0800, Mehta, Hiren wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 20, 1999 5:30 PM, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 20 January 1999 at 13:58:47 -0800, Mehta, Hiren wrote:
>>> Is there any free utility like cscope which can be run from Windows/DOS
>> ?
>>
>> Who knows?  This is a FreeBSD list.
>
> Oh ! Sorry !
> I mean Freebsd (Not Windows/Dos) !
> As per my knowledge, cscope is copy-righted.

Correct.  There's a port called xcoral, which is really an editor, but
which has some hooks like that.  Then there are ctags and etags, which
hook into vi and Emacs respectively, and supply similar functionality.
I'm not really happy with any of them, but then, I was never happy
with cscope either.  At one time when I had cscope available, I
preferred to use etags.

Greg