Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 08:27:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Toby J. Swanson" <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Desperate for help!

Greetings,

I am no expert, but I have set up several PPP connections and am willing to
help.

Item first - Please describe fully the sequence of events as you execute
the ppp command.  Such as, I enter "ppp destination".  The machine responds
with "Log level is 09, Using interface: tun0, ...".  Is the dial successful?
Is the login successful.

Item second - Can you show me the contents of your ppp.conf and ppp.linkup
files, or at least the portions dealing with this connection?  Any
passwords or other sensitive data should be replaced by asterisks.

Item last - Have you been able to connect in interactive mode using ppp's
term command?

Most problems I've encountered have been typos or bad settings in
configuration files.

If you got a partial message from me before this one, please ignore it.

Hope I can be of help.

Toby