Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 22:39:32 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
Cc:        "Michael T. Stolarchuk" <mts@off.to>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: read only file system?

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 08:51:05PM +0200, Willem Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You got me. It's not mounted or anything like that is it? and what
> is the permissions on /dev/ad1? What happens when you try the raw device
> /dev/rad0 and /dev/rad1

Remember that the block devices went away with the switch to the
ad device,

  # ls -l /dev/ad0 /dev/rad0
  crw-r-----  1 root  operator  116, 0x00010002 Jun  3 16:49 /dev/ad0
  crw-r-----  1 root  operator  116, 0x00010002 Jun  3 16:49 /dev/rad0

There only are "raw" character devices now.

Plus, the idea to use da0c, it seems to me that would not work unless
the disk has been labeled (disklabel(8)) first, no?

Anyway, is /dev/ad1 read-write? It's not mounted right?