Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:31:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disassembling syscalls

On FreeBSD 2.2.5 (I know I should change, but it works), gcc 2.7.2.1, gdb
4.16, typing 'disassemble syscall_as_seen_in_main' I get:
No function contains specified address.

Using the same procedure on FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE, gcc 2.7.2.3, gdb 4.18, I
get some output which is shorter than I expected, but I'll probably have
to trace through more calls and branches.

By the way, how can I trace names which start with a period? they sometime
appear when I type 'disassemble' followed by a tab, but typing the name
with and without the period doesn't work either.