Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:18:20 +0200
From:      Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hi I have a suggestion! To Imporve the perfect Freebsd!

The idea is alright, but Wine is far from perfection. In fact, many large
programs and 3D applications won't even run with wine. Why? First because
it's still in Alpa fase. Secocond,  they depend on DirectX, and Wine only
emulates the API part of Windows. You could use WineX, but that is an
commercial program, so it cannot be shipped with FreeBSD. Third, Microsoft
constantly changes the API code, and sometimes they don't publish
documentation regarding the code.

Besides, who needs Windows programs anyway? You have everything you want for
free, except for games.

Cheers,

Jorn.