Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 15:06:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@teaser.fr>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aladdin chipset SMBus support available!

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Brian Feldman wrote:

> Sorta. It did work. Then it stopped working. Running detect seems to kill my
> SM (or at least reset it to some weird state)

Ahh yes, I'm not alone.  Running detect here came up with four ports (5a,
60, 9a, a0 I think).  It also caused anything else trying to access smb0
to get a device busy error.  Rebooting actually hung the machine before
the BIOS graphic was displayed... the lovely soft power switch wasn't
working.. holding reset down for about a minute seemed to fix this.

Also, the lm program (from your battery of examples) crashes with a
SIGFPE, but some stuff from Nat'l Semi (some Win95 stuff anyways) seems to
work.. but I'm not sure if anything is really hooked up, other than the
SPD stuff.

intpm0: <Intel 82371AB Power management controller> rev 0x02 on pci0.7.3
intpm0: I/O mapped 7000 ALLOCED IRQ 0 intr IRQ 9 enabled revision 0
intsmb0: <Intel PIIX4 SMBUS Interface>
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on intsmb0
smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
intpm0: PM I/O mapped 8000

- alex