Date:      Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:28:58 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: libgtop-2.5.0_1 -> chgrp: /usr/X11R6/bin/libgtop_server: Nosuch file or directory

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:12:46 +0900, Alexander Nedotsukov
<bland@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Franz Klammer wrote:

<snip>
>> other question: gdesklets didn't run now and therefore i can't maintain
>> it anymore.
>> but it's easy for me to go back to 2.4.1 because i've made a backup of
>> /usr/local,
>> /usr/X11R6/, /var/db/pkg and ~/.{gnome|.gconf}*. :-)
>> is there a chance that the gdesklets problem will be solved or is it
>> possible
>> that i switch between gnome 2.4 and 2.5 (backup and rename local|X11R6
>> as needed)
>> without breaking anything?
>
> Can't say that gdesklets problem will be fixed soon but I think you have
> copy of all things required to go back and forth. Symbolic links like
> this:
>     /usr/
>         X11R6 - > X11R6-gnome24              X11R6-gnome24/
>         X11R6-gnome25/
> and small usegnome.sh ;-) should do the job.
> Could you explain the problem with gDesklets and can this be because you
> don't rebuilt phyton stuff or something?

The problem is that the libgtop has made some change in 2.5.0, so I think
we will have to wait for gDesklets developers to update while Gnome 2.5.x
or when 2.6 released. Like, the libgtop doesn't has the
'glibtop/xmalloc.h' anymore and etc, etc.. Same with netspeed applet, I
can't compile it with libgtop 2.5.0..

If anyone want gDesklets should stick to Gnome 2.4.x until gDesklets
developers release beta version or whatever that will work with Gnome
2.5.x or 2.6.. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--