Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 1995 20:43:08 +0300
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@cs.hut.fi>
To:        Pete Carah <pete@puffin.pelican.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: kern/579: sio: RS_IBUFSIZE 256 too small

   >>	I changed RS_IBUFSIZE from 256 to 4096, and the problem disappeared.
   >>	It might be that a smaller amount would be sufficient (I don't mind

   I make this problem go away just by increasing ttyhog without touching
   ibufsize; this is why I don't think there is any interrupt latency problem;

I tried increasing ttyhog instead of RS_IBUFSIZE.  It looses less
characters (but it still looses sometimes).  But the random load-related
reboots did not disappear.  I'll go try increasing both RS_IBUFSIZE and
TTHOG next.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@cs.hut.fi  home +358-0-8031121 work -4513377 fax -4555276  riippu SN