Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:25:35 -0800
From:      vijay <vijay@IPRG.nokia.com>
To:        Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   newbie - Audio CD question

Hi, I am new to FreeBSD. I wanted to know if I can play audio
CDs on "my" system. I have culled the following information from
dmesg

wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
wdc0: unit 0 (wd0): <FUJITSU MPC3064AT>
wd0: 6187MB (12672450 sectors), 13410 cyls, 15 heads, 63 S/T,
512 B/S
wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-6402B/1008>, removable,
accel, dma, iordis
acd0: drive speed 5512KB/sec, 256KB cache
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA
acd0: Audio: play, 16 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: no/blank disc inside, unlocked

I also looked at the freebsd/ports collection under audio and
found a lot of packages but I am not sure if they will work for
"my" system. How can I find that ou? Which of these packages
would be the best if I can do it? Also, would I need to change
the kernel configuration and do a kernel recompile?

TIA
v.