Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2006 17:59:54 -0500
From:      "Jack Stone" <antennex@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recompiling base sendmail with another DB

I've wanted to test the use of some of snertsoft's milters, but they require
a Berkley DB-4.1+ I believe instead of the 1.85 used by the base system's
sendmail.

Somewhere I read about recompiling sendmail, which then would allow me to
comile with a different DB choice. The steps are below.

Where would I add the option for a different DB...???

# cd /usr/src/lib/libsm
# make obj && make depend && make
# cd /usr/src/lib/libsmutil
# make obj && make depend && make
# cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/
# make obj && make depend && make && make install
# cd /etc/mail
# make all install restart

Thanks,
Jack

Share your special moments by uploading 500 photos per month to Windows Live
Spaces
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features