Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:36:51 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   net.inet6.ip6.v6only = 0 also stops the crashes.

Well, being a bit suspicious, I put INET6 back in the kernel and
tried it again.

What I find is that the crashes stop as long as net.inet6.ip6.ip6only
is set to zero.  When I set it to one the crashes continue as before:
When trying to fetch mail with mozilla I get error messages that the
connections to my pop3 and imap servers are refused; the screen then
freezes up and the machine reboots spontaneously.

Naddy Weisgerber seems to be implying in the "ports" mailing list
that the default value of ip6only has recently changed to 1.  If
this change happened on July 25, as I suspect, then perhaps this
is not a new bug at all, but has just been unmasked by the new
default value of ip6only?