Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 1998 18:08:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Vondrasek <dallas.tex@airmail.net>
To:        "Roger P. Johnson" <rpj@fep.hirshfields.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, (Dan Busarow) <dan@dpcsys.com>
Subject:   Re: Networking 2 BSD box's

On 06-Feb-98 Roger P. Johnson wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, David Vondrasek wrote:
>> > HELP !!  :P  Sory had to let out frustation..
>> > I have 2 Box's, Both with 2.2.5-RELEASE
>> > Both have NE-2000 Cards
>> > PLEASE !! show me were to look to getese thinks to see each other. Or tell
>me
>> > the main settings I have to have enabled.
>>

>Assuming that you are not attached to a hub, are you using straight or crossed
>cable
>to connect the 2 machines ?
>
>No hub: use a crossed cable.
>Hub: use straight through cable.

Straight Cable , These are not 10base/T cards there NE2000 Coaxial cables
I just tested the connection another way. I ran the NRSETUP (NodeRunner Setup)
Utility that comes with the cards. I have it running on BOTH boxe's at the same
time, the cards CAN see each other and Talk, I get 0% packet losse 1000 Sends
1000 Recieves , No errors , So the cards are configured to work, ( IRQ 10, Base
300, NE2000 Mode) Reboot the boxes to BSD and Nothing. They can't transfer
packets over the network to each other 10.124.239.11 (Gateway) Can't see
10.124.239.12 (machine basic) Or vise-versa..I'd hate to say WIN95 Can see
these cards and I can run PEER-PEER Just fine.  ANy other idea's ? How about a
URl to look at ? Anyone have a couple of rc.conf files (etc.. ) That I can
studie ? Maybe I have a setting incorect, I have a modem with autodial on the
gateway and have no problems connecting to the net. I just want the other Box
to be able to access the net and the Gateway box also. *sigh*

---
David Vondrasek
E-Mail: David Vondrasek <dallas.tex@airmail.net>
Date: 06-Feb-98