Date:      Sun, 26 May 2019 19:54:49 +0300
From:      Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
To:        Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sway and libinput initialization failed

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 5:09 PM, Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
wrote:
> When I set WLR_LIBINPUT_NO_DEVICES to 1, as suggested, sway seems to
> be starting fine, i.e. both screens show the SWAY background, dates
> are displayed, etc. But of course neither mouse no keyboard work. My
> motherboard is Asrock X470 TaiChi Ultimate and mouse and keyboard are
> connected through USB3.

hi,

12.0-RELEASE does not have EVDEV_SUPPORT enabled out of the box :( so
all the drivers not developed for evdev specifically (e.g. wmt is, but
ums/ukbd/psm/atkbd/etc aren't) do not have evdev support.

IIRC, it's on by default in -STABLE, and it will be in 12.1-RELEASE.

You have to either switch to a -STABLE snapshot kernel or rebuild a
-RELEASE kernel with options EVDEV_SUPPORT. (or switch to -CURRENT of
course :D)

Also it's a good idea to set sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=12 to make
sure you get events from individual devices instead of the
virtual/multiplexed things.