Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:52:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@goldsword.com>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG, xenub@boisfrancs.qc.ca
Cc:        jfarmer@goldsword.com
Subject:   Re: How can I protect me server?

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:56:07 -0500 Louis-Philippe Alain said:
>	First I would like to know if there's ways to stop (ar at least decrease)
>my users from nuking and flooding on IRC? It seem that in our little town
>here (only two ISPs), there's a new "fashion" which is nuking and flooding
>and to do "takeovers" on IRC. So, is there a way to stop our users to do
>such things?
>
>	The other question is how can I protect my server from mailbomb? Once, one
>of our users did a mailbomb to a bad email adress so every of the 1500
>emails he sent bonced back to the mailer-daemon which is aliases to two
>adresses. How could I protect my server from such incident?
>
>Any redirection to documents or web sites which could answer to my
>questions would be really appreciated.

I don;t really have a decent answer to either of these activities if
I assume that you want to keep the (l)user that does such things.

If you don't mind them going to the other ISP, then point out that
certain actions are prohibited by the AUP (You do have one in place,
don't you?) and that you will terminate their accounts if they
do it again....  Let them learn some maturity...

John	(very little patience today...)