Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:19:14 +0100
From:      Aris Stathakis <aris@sco.COM>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID/vinum options (mail server)

"Forrest W. Christian" wrote:

> I'm needing to find a RAID solution for our mail server.
>

> Mainly I'm looking for experiences good and bad with different options.

Has anyone had any success with the various inexpensive EIDE raid
controllers available?  Some are built into motherboards - others are
add-in cards like the KW-571H for which there are Linux drivers.

This may be an alternative if it works - RAID 1/mirror for root
filesystem with IDE disks, and Vinum/RAID5 with SCSI disks for data.

Aris