Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:23:41 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@freebsd.org>, Alfred Bartsch <bartsch@dssgmbh.de>
Subject:   Re: "make index" shows missing port directory

On Jun 8, 2012 7:10 PM, "Palle Girgensohn" <girgen@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Chris Rees skrev:
> > On 8 June 2012 08:15, Alfred Bartsch <bartsch@dssgmbh.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,

> >> Adding this missing entry to the portstree should solve this issue.
> >> To avoid such problems in the future, it would IMHO be preferable to
> >> have only one port (/usr/ports/databases/p5-DBD-mysql), which is able
> >> to handle all mysql versions, similar to p5-DBD-Pg.
> >
> > Actually, I'm looking at moving p5-DBD-Pg to versioned ports, since it
> > is less unpredictable to install a versioned port, the autodetection
> > logic is messy and packages are not built for any but the default
> > version.
> >
> > Chris
>
> That is partly true, but it is also strange to have a versioned port
> where there is no difference other than the dependency?

Oops, haha, I remember looking at it and also thinking what you just
said.=A0 Sorry for the noise.

Alfred, there actually is a port databases/p5-DBD-mysql which is the
only one that ports should depend on (I had this conversation with
Alex Dupre IIRC, the maintainer of mysql).

I'll do a quick scan for ports depending on the versioned ports and get PRs=
 in.

Chris