Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:07:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Jason Young <doogie@forbidden-donut.anet-stl.com>
Cc:        Adam McDougall <mcdougall@ameritech.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: teardrop

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Jason Young wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Tom wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Adam McDougall wrote:
> >
> > > Has this new kind of nuke been addressed, and can it be/has it been
> > > fixed?  I just cvsupped sunday, is mine fixed? thanks.
> >
> >   Perhaps you explain what the hell "teardrop" is, and why we should care.
> >
> > Tom
>
> Cool down, the guy's just asking a question which has already been

  I'm always cool, I live in Canada.

  Anyhow, it is Linux & NT thing, and doesn't belong on the FreeBSD lists.
There are many different operating systems, and many bugs, and that
doesn't mean they need to be discussed here.

  Since the exploit was posted, people should actually try it before
posting.  If they don't know how to try it, they should ask on
freebsd-questions.  Just becasue a bug in operating system xyz, it doesn't
mean it exists in FreeBSD.

Tom