Date:      Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:05:55 -0500
From:      John Daniel <paksao@ibm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xfree86 Whats missing from my install?

I just did an install of xf86 3.3.3.1 on a freebsd 2.2.8 box (using
ports) I'm building but I am having a problem getting X to open .

the box is a celeron 300A with BH6 MBO and  32 mgs of memory .

when I first ran the set up program for xf86 it said I needed tk 4.3 or
8.0 and tcl80. Which I loaded and then i ran XF86setup.  I got the
xserver running configured the monitor and saved the configuration(yeah,
for me.)

But when I ran startx it came back with can't find twm, xclock or xterm
and returned me to the prompt( at least I think it's a prompt)

I think that x is working partially cause I have a mouse cursor that
works( but  I am not sure how to proceed.)  i did a locate and found the
file s that it can't find in /usr/X11R6/bin so  my question are/

How do I change x to make it find the files ?
	add to a search path?
	Is there a rc file I need to edit
	do i have to reinstall?

can someone direct me to instructions on how to automate the starting of
x and getting a WM working.

TIA

"I hope that after I die, people will say of me : " That guy sure owed
me
a lot of money."

-JH