Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 13:40:52 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        Shashi Dookhee <dookhee.s@proximitylondon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Free Chat servers??

* Shashi Dookhee <dookhee.s@proximitylondon.com> [20020530 13:32]: wrote:
> Just set up an ircd daemon (efnet, undernet, dalnet, etc)...
>
> Then use a java chat client (lots out there) to connect to it.
>
> Has the added bonus that standalone clients (like mIRC) can connect too!
>
> Thanks

I have nfc running but what I don't like is the idea that applets are not
locally stored. I may be wrong as I am not a java guru but it appears to me
that the applets are being dynamically fetched..is this so, by any chance?

At the moment now() I am installing ethereal to see what it could be like.

Thanks for the feedback. Basically I am after something that is web-based that
I wanna add to my site.

[..]
> > Any recommendations as to 'free' chat servers out there? I've seen nfc
> > from sourceforge but not any others. I'd like to give my users a web
> > interface to chat out and so looking for recommendations.
> > NFC looks good but so far I have a problem getting it up...
[..]

-Wash

Odhiambo Washington		Wananchi Online Ltd
E: WASH@wananchi.com		www.wananchi.com
P: (254)2 313 985-9		1st Floor Loita Hse
F: (254)2 313 922		Loita St., NAIROBI