Date:      17 Jul 2002 21:43:29 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Thoughts on Web Site Design / Builder apps?

Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> Hi,
>   I'm a hands-up newbie at web design and html stuff, but would like to
> learn for my own amusement on my home system.
>
> Is anyone able to recommend a nice informative and straight-forward
> website design / building app from the ports collection?

If you're planning on learning for the sake of learning, I would
suggest that you learn about HTML as opposed to learning how to use a
single tool to produce HTML.

Start at http://www.w3c.org and also take a look at web pages that
look like what you want to build.

Any editor can be used to create HTML and if you understand it you
will be far better equipped to use wysiwyg tools. You'll also produce
better code :)

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    I'm only in this job until an opening comes up