Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:19:36 +0200
From:      "Munish Chopra" <messiah_man@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NVIDIA Geforce 2mx

Concerning HARDWARE accelerated 3D support:

Yes, there is a petition. And no, I don't remember the link.

In September of 2000 there was a discussion (on freebsd-hackers ?) in which
Nick Triantos (I believe he is the head driver guy at NVIDIA) was involved.
Basically, he said that there were exactly three linux source files that
needed to be ported to FreeBSD (mostly a matter of OS hooks).

I mailed Nick Triantos a few days back, and once again got the response that
they're simply too busy right now. They would like to do a port, and they
will sometime in the future. He also said that he recently again had been
contacted by some FreeBSD people who wanted to get involved in the driver
port. I asked him for some e-mail addresses so I could contact them and
figure out where things are right now, but he hasn't answered yet.

So basically, they will come when NVIDIA's driver people have more time to
focus on ports to other platforms. But the above is more or less the jiffy
of what's been going on...

Regards,

--Munish Chopra