Date:      Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:30:12 +0200
From:      Thomas Wintergerst <Thomas.Wintergerst@nord-com.net>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org, Jan Stocker <Jan.Stocker@t-online.de>
Subject:   Re: Asterisk, chan_capi & c4b: overlap dialling

Hi Stefan,

First: Sorry, I was "offline" for some time. So the answer comes a
little bit late...

Stefan Bethke wrote:
> First, a great many thanks to Thomas and Jan. Getting C4B and chan_capi
> to work was absolutly painless!

Many thanks!

> I have just one question at the moment, and it might have nothing to do
> with C4B or the FreeBSD port of chan_capi, but I figured I might try
> here first: overlap dialling.
>
> I've got a AVM B1 ISA hooked up to the interal S0 port of a Hicom 100. I
> can dial the PBX extensions with an extension like this:
> exten => _14XX,1,Dial(CAPI/74:b${EXTEN:2})
>
> I can dial my cell phone with a speed dial like entry like this:
> exten => 1200,1,Dial,CAPI/74:b001703460140
>
> However, I can't figure out how to set up the extension so I can dial
> some prefix to get the PBX' dialtone, and then keep on dialling. I tried:
> exten => _0.,1,StripMSD,1
> exten => _.,2,Dial,CAPI/74:bBYEXTENSION
>
> or this:
> exten => _15.,1,Dial(CAPI/74:b${EXTEN:2})
>
> but so far, nothing works. (I'm mostly trying from a Budgetone 101.) If
> I block-dial the entire number (i. e. 15001703460140), the call goes
> through, but just dialling 150, then trying to punch in additional
> digits does not lead to any connection.
>
> Any hints?

I cannot tell about Asterisk and how it could work. But from the CAPI
point of view you will have to perform a Connect-Request without any
digits to dial as the Called Party Number. After you get the first
message from the ISDN network (Setup Ack, Alerting, Proceeding, etc.
within an Info-Indication), you can dial further digits using
Info-Requests with the Called Party Number information element
containing the digits.

I cannot tell how this is possible with Asterisk. Maybe Jan can help
(sorry, he is not a member of this list, therefor the CC: and the full
quote)?

--
Thomas Wintergerst