Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:54:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.org, smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Prelimiary interrupt thread patches for alpha

Doug Rabson wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, John Baldwin wrote:
> > I've updated the alpha.ithreads.patch on my freefall webpage to work with
> > the latest current, btw.
>
> I've been working on this today and I have a kernel which boots on my
> miata and is happily chewing its way through a buildworld. I fixed the
> device_get_nameunit() problem - it was just going wrong for ATA interrupts
> which are handled quite strangely on alpha. I also changed the p_comm
> string to include the whole vector number in hex since on some platforms
> all bits are relavent, not just (vec-0x900)>>4.
>
> I've attached my modified version of your patch to this message. Its not
> quite ready to commit yet since I didn't write the enable/disable hooks
> for mcpcia or dwlpx. I have an mcpcia here (the AS4100) so I'll be able to
> test that soon.

After that last fix to trap.c to add an acquire/release of sched_lock, I
am now happily running interrupt threads on my miata here with your patch.
I've gone ahead and replaced my patch on freefall with yours, but hopefully
we can commit this very soon when you get the other PCI chipsets finished.
Thanks. :)  I know have a buildworld going on my INVARIANTS kernel and it
is running fine so far.

--

John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/