Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:13:34 +0000
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        joe@filmgroup.co.uk, scottl@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing on Dell PERC 3/Si RAID card

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 07:15:33PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > Heya,
> >
> > We are using a 5.0 snapshot from 5.0-20001104-CURRENT (as well as a few
> > others) and the install utility sees the disks, lets us config and newfs
> > them and then starts copying bin over so it is writing to disk.
> >
> > This bombs out after 1 - 2 mins with the following error:
> >
> > table full timeout trap
> > shutting down aac
> >
> > Any ideas whats wrong here, anything that we can do?
>
> Urk.  Scott, this sounds like you're forgetting to untimeout() commands
> when they complete.

I am pretty sure we have also tried a snapshot that predates scotts
changes. (20001013) I guess it is possible we picked up kern.flp and
mfsroot.flp images from the wrong place.

Snapshot of 5.0-20000920-CURRENT installing itself (not 4.1-STABLE)
has so far progressed to usr sbin src without imploding.

--
GeoffB