Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 01:31:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Martino <chrismar@peanut.readington.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [OFF TOPIC] Shell Scripting

Hi folks,
This is a bit off topic, but I figure its worth a shot.

I'm trying to create a cgi script that will poll my ISPs com servers
and then create a webpage based on if I'm logged in or not.

I have it working for the most part, and if I run the script from the
command line I get exactly what I'm looking for, but that isn't the case
when I execute it from the web browser.

I am assuming it has to  do with my if statements.  I've tried it with 2
if statments and an if else statement, but I get the same results.  Can
there be if/else statements in cgi's?

Anyhow, the script can be executed at www.weirdo.net/scripts/online.sh
And instead of posting the whole script to the list I'll only send it to
the people that request it. So, if you'd like to help and want to see the
script let me know and I'll gladly send it.

TIA,
Chris

--

Chris Martino