Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:35:59 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting root...

--yZuF+CWsFPFxEfM2

Hi.

MIRROR GEOM class was introduced recently and it allows to setup root
file system on a mirror device, but there is a small problem.

If mirror starts without one component, it waits few seconds
(kern.geom.mirror.timeout) for missing components before creating provider.
Because of this root file system can't be mounted properly.

I'm not sure how to fix this.

The easiest way is to just put some timeout and check every one second
if we already have our provider.

I don't know, anyone have some better solution which can be implemented
and merged to RELENG_5 before 5.3?

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl