Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:30:59 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix 2.0.6 port without Kerberos DES linking?

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

Hi,

> I'm running fbsd 4.8RC and trying to build postfix 2.0.6 and running
> into a kerberos issue. I want to build postfix with cyrus-sasl2, TLS,
> PCRE, and DB3 support.  No matter what I do, if I enable cyrus-sasl2
> during the postfix build process, I receive the errors below.  I don't use
> kerberos and don't want it to try and link to the des libraries.  I am
> able to build the postfix 1.1.11-20021115 build without any problems.
> It appears that sasl2 and TLS will not work using postfix 1.1.11.
>=20
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had exactly the same problem. I have two solutions for it:

1. Remove the Kerberos libraries in /usr/lib. It seems that they have used
   to be built by default, but have to be explicitly enabled now in
   /etc/make.conf. (the kerberos libs on my system were half a year old,
   although i built my world yesterday.

     MAKE_KERBEROS4
                   (bool) Set this to build KerberosIV (KTH eBones).

     MAKE_KERBEROS5
                   (bool) Set this to build Kerberos5 (KTH Heimdal).  WARNI=
NG!
                   This is still experimental code.  If you need stable Ker-
                   beros5, use the port(s).

2. If you do not want to delete something from your system, you can add this
here to the ports Makefile, which will link the missing des* symbols in:

POSTFIX_AUXLIBS+=3D       -L${LOCALBASE}/lib -lcrypto
or
POSTFIX_AUXLIBS+=3D       -L${LOCALBASE}/lib -ldes

As far as I have understood the postfix port checks whether you have the
kerberos libraries, and uses them if they are present (i.e. it assumes that=
 no
outdated versions of these libs are lingering around.

HTH,
 Simon
=20
Btw.: If you want to use sasl 1, you probably will need this patch:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/48731 (perhaps it is
dispensable if you delete the kerberos stuff.

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--